Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Is it Friday yet? (And a new recipe!)

As I sit here, I find myself wishing it were Friday.....Am I the only one? Why Friday? Really, there is no reason, other than my kid load goes down considerably....(I watch kiddos during the week:)) However, other than that not much changes. There are still the endless home responsibilities that seem to NEVER get finished. Do you ever notice that when you set out to "organize" you end up with a much larger mess than when you started? It is like a never ending cycle. Oh well.......It has been quite a while since I posted anything, much less a yummy recipe.

For dinner tonight, we are having pot roast. I know, seems pretty typical, but I have the no fail, turns out great every time recipe. And, even though you may think one of the ingredients is strange, TRUST me.....I would not lead you astray.


Crockpot Pot Roast


1 large roast 3-5 lb. (depending on the size of your family)

1 can Golden Mushroom Soup (I have only ever found it in Campbells)

1 can water (use the soup can)

1 pkg onion soup mix (the dry kind)

1 can Coke (yes, you read correctly, it tenderizes the meat. You CAN NOT tell that it is in there.)
Carrots, potatoes & 1 large onion


Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large pan. While your pan is heating, salt & pepper your roast. Place roast in HOT pan and sear on all sides (about 2-3 minutes per side). Once browned, put in crockpot with potatoes, carrots and large onion sliced or quarted. Cook on low for 7-8 hrs or high 4-5 hrs. However, DH prefers longer cooking, so I start mine on low the night before.....I also check in the morning for the liquid level, if it is starting to cook down, I add some beef stock or some water. Just don't let it get dry.

This is one of the easiest dinners and one that definetly rates as comfort food.....Hope you enjoy!

No comments: